Saturday, October 04, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane...

Buried under mountains of clothes to pack... never realized there'd be SO MUCH to do before a less-than-two-hours flight back home to Bombay! Work seems to have doubled as compared to my trip from Bombay to here.

And to see my completely grown-up parents behave like kids with their sad faces at Button's departure, refusing to let me hold him except during b/feeding sessions.

And the streams of last minute visitors coming in to see the baby. (Didn't they know I was here in the last 3 whole months?)

And his vaccination yesterday (and fever to deal with)

But yippee... am glad am going back home..in time for my b'day... Bombay watch out for us :)

ps: Any Bombayites/non-Bombayites if you can suggest a full time/part time maid/nanny, I shall be eternally grateful and promise to buy you a drink/coffee/or anything else... gentleman's word.

Sayanora Kalpakkam
... shall blog from Bombay in a few days, once I settle in.

Meanwhile, Button turned 4 months old today.
* He hates rolling over.
* Maybe its my imagination, but he seems to recognize his name and the word "fan".
* Loves to admire his hands and feet! (For narcissistic tendencies, his mom is to be blamed!)
* Hates to be wrapped up for the night.
* Chews his mittens with a vengeance.
* Gurgles, coos and sometimes says 'da'.
* He sings with me when I sing (offtune) his lullaby for the night(and no, its NOT my overactive imagination, I swear he really croons!)
* Is taller and chubbier and cuter than ever :)

11 comments:

  1. Hey Cuckoo,

    Do post a latest pic of Button. Just a Q: For how long do babies wear mittens? Aashna refused to wear them from Day 1, so all the mittens that I'd bought for her were wasted :(. Except, when she was scratching her ears all bloody I forced her to wear them for a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe flight! See you on the other side :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...i am supposed to come to Madras in the next fortnight and was hoping to meet you then..darn...missed meeting you :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) ojas used to do the same... sing with me in his lullabies and he still does it and now days its only him ;-)

    its fun to see them grow... post his latest pic

    have a safe flight... i hope button is happy and comfy in the flight

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, Plane and Button share a birthdate :)
    hope to hear more about Button's antics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back!

    Oh, and by the way, here's something I came across in an article on Sarah Palin:

    “She’s perky, she’s spunky,” says Republican speechwriter Landon Parvin, who has written for both Presidents Bush. “She has this quality — in a 1950s comedy, her father would call her ‘Button.’”

    I think you should sue for defamation by association or some such thing :-)

    ~r

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time here..nice to read ur posts..Good wishes to Button and good luck in aamchi mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  8. he sings too? That's so adorable! If he's like my BB - it's gonna get louder and louder :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home... happy you're back! I think you really deserve this compliment - I am not someone who's dying to have babies... but watching you and reading about your experiences... makes it sound so wonderful that I feel I might be willing to walk down that path in the future too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Priyanka: New pics coming up soon.

    Munchkin: Looks like other side is really going to be far off now:( Am feeling bad too that we missed each other.


    Monika: really? Thats cute. The li'l one's singing that is.

    Kodi's mom: Super thrilled :)

    Ramsu: Guruve namaha.

    Timepass: Mumbai rocks as usual. Thanks :)

    Coffeerocks: Yeah? Looking forward toit now... in the future maybe not!

    Chaits: The loveliest comment I could've ever had. Babies are fun. Trying sometimes. But even that in retrospect is FUN :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow!! so back home,e h?!

    i can imagine your joy!! i was so so thrilled to be back in bangalore!! to be a complete family!!

    loved the next post too!! when i am in mumbai next, i will defi drop in to say hello!!

    have a super time!!

    and Button sounds totally adorable!!

    hugs

    abha

    ReplyDelete